Join UB faculty and a group of your peers for informal instruction, hands-on experience and exciting discussion on a wide range of topics in culture, science and technology. Further information and registration details are contained within the links below.
- Arts in Healthcare Clinical Practice Intensive: Explore the benefits of art and creativity in the healthcare environment from August 3 to August 15. The Arts in Healthcare Summer Intensive at the University at Buffalo is designed to provide beginning and experienced arts in healthcare students and professionals with an opportunity to explore the arts in healthcare through applied theory and practice. Presented by the University at Buffalo Center for the Arts and the University of Florida Center for Arts in Healthcare Research and Education.
- Dance Masters of America: Teacher Training School
- Dance Masters of America: Student Honors Intensive Program (SHIP)
- School of Social Work: 1- and 2-Day Workshops for Human Service Professionals
- Summer Music Education Institute: Jazz, technology, movement, pedagogy! UB Summer Music Education Institute offers tools you need to be an extraordinary music educator! We have a variety of offerings for teachers and professionals, graduate students, and undergraduate minors. Don’t miss out on an excellent opportunity to learn and network with new colleagues who share a similar passion for teaching music.
- LehrerDance Summer Intensive, May 19-25 Intermediate/advanced level professional and pre-professional dancers age 18 or older have an exciting opportunity to study with Artistic Director Jon Lehrer and LehrerDance company members. This program is an intensive six-day residency in LehrerDance technique, style and repertory. Workshop classes include: LehrerDance technique, style and repertoire; specialty classes; health and wellness workshop; in-studio performance by LehrerDance; Q & A with Jon Lehrer and company; and showcase/reception. To register click here.
- Fractures and Tectonics in the Northern Appalachian Basin, June 22-27 This program is designed for oil/gas and environmental geoscientists interested in learning about the fracturing and faulting in the northern Appalachian Basin sedimentary units (including black shales), and/or the tectonics that controlled the evolution of the northern Appalachian Basin. It will be held at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel where outcrops of the Marcellus, Geneseo and the Utica black shales are all within easy driving distance. Enrollment is limited to 11 professionals. Click here for more information.
- Mega Fauna and Predation in Yellowstone National Park, July 28-August 7 Outdoor enthusiasts will spend 10 nights in Silver Gate, Montana, just outside of Yellowstone National Park, for ready access to the best observational sites. Activities will include hiking, fly fishing, traveling to nearby towns/historic sites/natural sites as well as wildlife observation and photography. Participants will experience wildlife observations and interpretive programs by noted wildlife specialists, photographers, wolf watchers, environmental activists and park biologists. Visits to the more notable sites such as geyser basins, habitat recovery area, wolf reintroduction pens, old wolf dens and lodges will also be included. Space is limited to 12 participants. More details can be found here.