Join UB faculty and a group of your peers for informal instruction, hands-on experience and exciting discussion on a wide range of topics in culture, science and technology. Further information and registration details are contained within the links below.
- Leadership Communication
The 3-day workshop for high school students and incoming college freshmen is a hands-on, interactive training program focused on the key skills associated with effective leadership. Through a series of indoor and outdoor exercises, interactive discussion, and live-action assessments, participants will examine essential self-presentation techniques for effective leadership, group dynamics and how to use them, and core interpersonal skills leaders use in high-achieving teams and work groups.
This workshop will take place from Wednesday, August 14 through Friday, August 16 from 9:00am to 4:00pm at the UB North Campus in Amherst. Registration is $250 and includes lunch each day. To register please visit www.ubevents.org/event/leadershipcomm13.
- Arts in Healthcare Clinical Practice Intensive: Explore the benefits of art and creativity in the healthcare environment from July 29 to August 9. The Arts in Healthcare Summer Intensive at the University at Buffalo is designed to provide beginning and experienced arts in healthcare students and professionals with an opportunity to explore the arts in healthcare through applied theory and practice. Presented by the University at Buffalo Center for the Arts and the University of Florida Center for Arts in Healthcare Research and Education.
- College of Arts and Sciences—Culture and Writing Workshops:
- LehrerDance Summer Intensive: Summer intensive for the intermediate/advanced level dancer
- Summer Strings
- Sexual Communication for Young Adults
- The Birds and The Bees, 2.0!
- Conventiculum Buffaloiense
- College of Arts and Sciences—Science and Technology Workshops:
- Practical Herbalism: Wild Foods and Medicines
- Summer Institute in Advanced Statistics and Methods
- Archaeology for Teachers
- Dance Masters of America: Teacher Training School
- Dance Masters of America: Student Honors Intensive Program (SHIP)
- School of Social Work: 1- and 2-Day Workshops for Human Service Professionals
- Summer Music Education Institute: Jazz, technology, movement, pedagogy! UB Summer Music Education Institute offers tools you need to be an extraordinary music educator! We have a variety of offerings for teachers and professionals, graduate students, and undergraduate minors. Don’t miss out on an excellent opportunity to learn and network with new colleagues who share a similar passion for teaching music.