The University at Buffalo offers professional training and continuing education throughout the summer months. Further details and contact information will be added throughout the spring semester.
EngiNet: A Distance Education Program
EngiNet, the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences distance education office, offers a wide variety of off-site learning opportunities. Whether you are a busy professional looking to supplement your education, an engineer/scientist looking to pursue graduate studies or a company looking to improve your workforce, EngiNet has something for you.
English Language Institute
The English Language Institute (ELI) conducts the Intensive English Program (IEP), which specializes in preparing students for university study in the United States; the English as a Second Language Program for undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in academic programs at the university; part-time evening and customized programs for professionals; and overseas programs offering language-learning and teacher-training opportunities both in other countries and in Buffalo.
Millard Fillmore College Certificate Programs
Millard Fillmore College certificate programs join the standards of the university with the educational requirements of the marketplace. Our certificate programs are designed by both industry leaders and academic faculty in order to provide learning opportunities that meet high academic standards and help professionals advance their careers.
Millard Fillmore College Non-Credit Courses
Discover the broad selection of courses available through Millard Fillmore College.
School of Management Non-Credit Bearing Programs
The School of Management offers non-credit-bearing programs in executive education. These open enrollment courses are non-credit bearing certificate programs that do not appear on any university transcript. These programs are open to the public.
School of Management Online Mini MBA Certificate Program
The Online Mini MBA Certificate Program fosters an understanding of the most important functions of business and management, and builds a foundation for making sound business judgments and decisions. It is an applications-oriented program designed to provide you with a basic introduction to business and management practices. Using Web-based technology, this program provides self-paced, individualized instruction that can be taken anywhere, anytime an individual has access to a computer and the Internet.
School of Social Work Buffalo Niagara Summer Institute
The annual School of Social Work Summer Institute offers an intensive combination of one- and two-day workshops as well as one-credit MSW elective courses that can be taken on a degree or non-degree basis. Social work CEUs are pending approval. Topics include trauma, addictions, child and adolescent mental health, and more.
Click on the Non-Credit Course categories below to learn more about specific courses offered by UB's Millard Fllmore College and to discover the broad selection of courses available through Millard Fillmore College.
Biomedical & Life Sciences
Entrepreneurship & Small Business
Human Resources and Personnel
Information Technologies & Computer
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Paralegal & Legal Studies
- Discover the broad selection of courses available through Millard Fillmore College.
- UB TCIE opportunities
- Certified Lean Professional: Learn how to eliminate waste and improve product quality - April 25 to September 22, 2015
- Strategic Supply Chain Management: Be agile with a coordinated supply chain strategy – May 18 and 19, 2015
- ISO 9001:2008 Internal Auditor: Learn how to perform process audits in manufacturing, service and public service sectors – June 9 – 11, 2015
- Enterprise Risk Management: A framework to mitigate company risks – June 24, 2015
- Certified Black Belt Transactional One-on-One: Lead improvement projects expected to result in savings between $100,000 and $250,000 - Available online 24/7
- Certified Green Belt Transactional One-on-One: Lead improvement projects expected to result in savings between $10,000 and $50,000 - Available online 24/7