The University at Buffalo offers professional training and continuing education throughout the summer months. Further details and contact information can be found via the links below.
Training and/or Continuing Education
- Certificate Programs
- Environmental and Occupational Safety and Health Training Courses
- Extension Learning Experience: Lawyers as Agents of Social Change at the Chautauqua Institution (Chautauqua Lake, NY). Sudents will explore the role of lawyers as counselors and agents of social change in local, national, and global contexts. Our focus will be on both the socio-historical context of the Nuremberg Trials and current legal issues. Students will observe court proceedings, dissect primary legal documents, and read context narratives to prepare them for their experiential learning modules.
- First Receiver Series
- OSHA Training Courses
- Millard Fillmore College
- School of Management Custom Corporate Programs: The School of Management develops customized programs to meet an organization’s specific professional development needs.
- School of Management GMAT Preparation Workshop: A non-credit refresher course for the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). An intensive preparation for the graduate school entrance examinations, the course covers quantitative processes related to the GMAT and all graduate professional school entrance examinations.
- School of Management Online Mini MBA: This program fosters an understanding of the most important functions of business and management, and builds a foundation for making sound business judgments and decisions. It is an applications-oriented program designed to provide you with a basic introduction to business and management practices. Using Web-based technology, this program provides self-paced, individualized instruction that can be taken anywhere, anytime an individual has access to a computer and the Internet.
- School of Social Work—Buffalo Niagara Summer Institute: Held July 15-26, 2013, this annual Summer Institute offers an intensive combination of one- and two-day workshops as well as one-credit MSW elective courses that can be taken on a degree or nondegree basis. Topics include trauma, addictions, child and adolescent mental health, and more.
- Singapore Institute of Management
- Special Interest and Noncredit Courses
- UB Engineering Summer Distance-Learning Offerings